Kootenai Urgent Care accepts the following major insurance plans along with many others. If you would like to verify that your specific insurance plan is accepted before your visit, check the list below or feel free to call (208) 209-6800 or (855) 742-2089 to speak with our patient account representatives.
- Blue Cross of Idaho
- Coventry Health Care/ First Health/Altius
- First Choice Health Network
- Group Health
- Idaho Physician Network
- Interwest Health
- Mountain Health Co-Op
- Pacific Source
- Regence Blue Shield of Idaho
- United Healthcare
- US Department of Labor
- Washington Labor and Industries
Insurance and Billing Information
The information that follows is part of the billing and insurance guidelines for patients seen at Kootenai Urgent Care.
- At each visit we will ask you to provide a photo ID and your health insurance card. A copy of your cards will be placed in your file. However, at each subsequent visit you will be asked to show your cards each time so that we can verify the information we have on file is correct and up to date.
- If you have secondary insurance, please bring it with you and we will submit it for you. If you are not the subscriber of the insurance plan, we will need the date of birth and mailing address of the subscriber. Depending on the insurance plan, we may also need the subscriber’s social security number.
- During each visit, we will request that you complete a brief sign in sheet that provides us with your current information. We want to ensure that the services are you received are billed to your insurance in a timely fashion.
- We ask that you have an understanding of the benefits and requirements of your insurance plan. If you are unsure of this information, we request that you contact the customer service department typically listed on the back of your insurance card. They will assist you with the specifics of your plans benefits.
- The majority of insurance plans require that you make a co‐payment at the time of service. Typically, besides the co‐payment, you are responsible for any unpaid amount not covered by your insurance.
- Billing statements from Kootenai Urgent Care indicate the remaining balance, which we ask that you please pay this amount promptly. Also, review the statement you receive from your insurance company. If Kootenai Urgent Care does not receive payment from your insurance company within a reasonable amount of time, the remaining balance may be your responsibility. In the event an overpayment is made, it will be refunded after settlement with your insurance company.
KUC Billing Practices and Policies
Contact our billing office if you have any questions. Locally you can dial (208) 209-6800 or (855) 742‐2089 to speak with one of our patient account representatives.
Online Bill Payment
Life is busy and your time is valuable. At Kootenai Urgent Care, we understand your need for prompt and convenient payment options. Click Here to get started. Please have your bill in hand as you will be asked for your account information.